Why study a CIH course?
Whether you’re keen to kickstart your career or you’re already working in the housing sector, gaining a CIH accredited course will provide you with the recognition and skills you’ll need to achieve your goals. Available from level 2 upwards, the CIH’s qualifications are extremely flexible, as you can opt to study at an approved centre or completely online. This means that you can easily fit your studies around any current commitments.
The Chartered Institute of Housing currently has 17000 members in twenty countries, from Canada to Hong Kong. Sign up to take a CIH qualification and you’ll also be eligible to apply for membership, which comes with plenty of useful perks including:
- Access to a wide range of informative resources including a knowledge hub, reports, webinars and policy briefings. All of these are designed to keep you up to date with developments in the housing sector.
- Support with your career development including access to career development tools, virtual training and the opportunity to join a mentoring scheme.
- Access to a large, supportive community of housing professionals via local networks, national housing conferences and virtual events.
- Regular digital and physical copies of the CIH’s magazine and newsletter. These provide news and in-depth analysis of housing-related issues.
If you complete the CIH’s Level 5 Diploma in Housing, you’ll be able to enhance your career further by applying for chartered membership. This will ensure that you’re recognised as a fully qualified, competent and committed housing professional.
What jobs can I do?
CIH students go on to work for a range of employers in the public and private sectors, including housing associations and local authorities. There are plenty of career options on offer too. Here’s a small selection of the roles you could access with your qualification.
- Assistant Housing Officer
- Housing Officer
- Housing Support Worker
- Housing Assessment Officer
- Housing Needs Assistant
- Social Housing Contract Manager
- Helpdesk Officer
- Housing Manager
- Housing Association Manager
- Housing Policy Officer
- Tenant Liaison Officer
What courses does the CIH offer?
- CIH Level 2 Award in Housing and Communities
- CIH Level 2 Award in Letting and Managing Residential Property
- CIH Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice
- CIH Level 2 Certificate in Neighbourhood Maintenance
- CIH Level 3 Award in Housing Practice
- CIH Level 3 Award in Resident Scrutiny
- CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Maintenance and Asset Management
- CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice
- CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Services
- CIH Level 3 Certificate in Letting and Managing Residential Property
- CIH Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Homeless People.
- CIH Level 4 Certificate in Housing
- CIH Level 4 Certificate in Managing Housing Maintenance
- CIH Level 5 Diploma in Housing