Why should I study a CMI Strategic Partner course?
Firstly, CMI’s professional qualifications are highly respected throughout the UK and Europe. In fact, over 80% of managers say that a CMI qualification is an essential part of becoming a professional manager. The qualifications are regulated by Ofqual and designed with input from employers, so if you study one you can be sure that the content will be relevant and up to date.
The second great thing about studying with a CMI Strategic Partner is that there’s plenty of flexibility. The UK has over 500 CMI approved education centres, some of which offer online learning and blended learning options. Choosing a qualification isn’t complicated either, as CMI qualifications are structured to provide a clear progressive pathway that facilitates career development.
How do CMI qualifications work?
CMI qualifications progress from level two to level eight. There are no formal entry requirements for levels 2-7, so you can begin with whichever level best suits your experience and job role. For level 8 courses, however, you’ll need a level 7 or equivalent qualification as well as three years’ experience in senior management.
CMI Qualification Levels
- Level 2-3 – aimed at aspiring managers, supervisors or first-line managers. Covers team leading, project management and resource management.
- Level 4-5 – aimed at middle managers. Covers resource management, recruitment and information management.
- Level 6-7 – aimed at directors and senior managers. Covers organisational strategy.
- Level 8 – aimed at senior managers and directors. Covers strategic direction and leadership.
Each CMI level features three qualifications that vary in size and content. Awards take approximately 1-3 months to complete, certificates take 3-6 months and diplomas take around 6-12 months. It’s also possible to become a Chartered Manager, which is the highest status in the management profession. There are two routes you can take to achieve this:
- Route one requires a degree level qualification in management, leadership or business plus 5 years’ management experience.
- Route two requires a CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership, plus three years’ management experience.
Added benefits of studying with CMI Strategic Partner
If you sign up to study a management qualification with a CMI Strategic Partner, you’ll also receive free professional membership. We recommend making the most of this benefit, as it includes:
- Access to templates and forms
- Access to The CMI marking service
- Access to ManagementDirect, an online portal of resources, checklists, ebooks, videos, articles and workbooks
- Access to high-quality CMI research
- The opportunity to use online coaches and mentoring
- The chance to connect with your regional member’s network via meetings and an annual conference
- The opportunity to build contacts via an online community
What CMI courses does CMI Strategic Partner offer?
CMI’s partners offer 110 qualifications which cover topics such as team leading, strategic management, coaching and consultancy. Here are some of the most popular courses:
- CMI Level 4 in Management and Leadership
- CMI Level 5 in Management and Leadership
- CMI Level 6 in Management and Leadership
- CMI Level 7 in Strategic Management and leadership
- CMI Level 8 in Strategic Direction and Leadership
- CMI Levels 3, 5, 7 in Coaching and Mentoring
- CMI Level 5 in Business Support
- CMI Level 5 in Professional Consultancy
- CMI Level 7 in Professional Consultancy