The A+ exam gets revised every three years to ensure that the certification exam includes up to date expanded content on the growing parts of an IT support role, including an expansion of CompTIA security topics. Students learn about installing, configuring, upgrading and repairing PCs, the essential skill-set required for entry-level technicians.
Why complete a CompTIA A+ Certification?
There are many reasons why pursuing a CompTIA A+ certification is a good idea. The core reason, however, is that CompTIA A+ acts as the foundation starting point of your IT career and is universally recognised and used by leading IT companies such as Dell, HP and Intel. The CompTIA A+ exams cover the following it fundamental areas:
- Computer Hardware
- Mobile Devices and android
- Windows Operating Systems
- PC Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
- Cyber Security
- Software Troubleshooting
- Operational Procedures
Achieving a CompTIA A+ certification allows you to feel confident about embarking into an entry-level technician role as you have been tested on all aspects of the job and have successfully demonstrated your competence. Employers recognise that A+ certified professionals identify issues and problem-solve more effectively than those without certification.
Successful candidates will have the skills and expertise to carry out the following tasks within an IT environment:
- Support necessary IT infrastructure, including endpoint management, advanced device connectivity troubleshooting, and basic networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware, including components, connectors and peripherals
- Implement essential data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals, including detecting and removing malware, addressing privacy concerns, physical security and device hardening
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management
- Use of scripting in IT support
What IT jobs can I do?
The CompTIA A+ exam is specially designed for IT professionals in the following roles:
- Help Desk Technician
- Desktop Support Administrator
- Field Service Technician
- Computer Technician
- System Support Specialist
- End-User Computing Technician
- Data Support Technician
- Service Desk Analyst
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- Associate Network Engineer
CompTIA A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
What training does CompTIA A+ offer?
CompTIA content for A+ is the only study material which has been designed by CompTIA for CompTIA certification candidates.
CompTIA eBooks and CertMaster Products have been developed with Official CompTIA Content to help you prepare for your CompTIA certification exams with confidence.
CertMaster Learn is comprehensive self-paced eLearning that prepares learners for their CompTIA Certification exam and a career in IT.
The materials include:
– Instructor guides: Designed to make implementation easy. Includes course setup, delivery tips, presentation planners, facilitator notes and discussion problems.
– Study Guides: Core learning materials, available both in interactive online or in downloadable PDF versions.
– Assessments: Course material includes questions that help learners assess their mastery of the content.
– Videos: Brief animated videos integrated within the course material extend and enhance classroom learning.
– Labs: Hands-on practice activities Integrated with the Student guides that can be set up on classroom hardware or executed through the Learn on Demand platform.
– Tools: Downloadable files, links and checklists provide further resources for instructors to enhance the classroom experience.
Continuing Professional Development
After completing the CompTIA A+ training, it is advantageous to continuously develop your professional development by taking a further training course, particularly if you want to advance into another job within the IT industry.
The certification training courses that follow on from CompTIA A+ are as follows:
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA Security+