The IAAP, as a professional body, has a global reach which opens the door to a wealth of international career opportunities. The head office is based in the United Kingdom, and teams ensure that every IAAP qualification certificate upholds the highest professional standards.
The International Association of Bookkeepers has over 10,000 members across 60 countries and is one of the most prestigious not-for-profit organisations for bookkeeping professionals in the world. Regulated by Ofqual, the IAB is both a government-approved and a statutory supervisory body. The IAAP and IAB offer students worldwide the chance to gain professional accountancy qualifications as well as life-long skills.
IAAP provides standard-setting professional qualifications based on the specific skills and requirements that employers and companies require accounting professionals to have. Every IAAP qualification is met with the same exacting standards ensuring that the awarding bodies’ high standards are maintained across the board.
Financial and practical business knowledge is globally sought after and recognising this, IAAP offers a range of qualifications. Some of the qualifications offered include business management, accountancy, international accounting, banking finance and financial reporting standards to aid your CPD (continuing professional development).
Some of the qualifications that are offered include:
- Certificate in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Foundations in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Diploma in International Financial Reporting Standards
- International Diploma in Computerised Accounting and Finance
- Advanced Diploma in International Reporting Standards
Benefits of Being an Accredited Centre
Training organisations can significantly benefit from qualifying as an IAAP accredited centre as the organisation offers the assurance of an endorsed qualification through a world-renowned awarding body. By establishing as an accredited centre, students will be attracted to studying either the IAP or IAB qualification as they recognise the reputable trademark of IAAP.
Advantages of IAAP Membership
There is a multitude of benefits for professional accountants to pursue an IAAP professional membership, namely:
- Professional status: You can use the IAAP’s designatory letters after your name, elevating your status to the most professional level in the industry. These letters allow future employers and clients to know that you are ahead of the field.
- Upgrade skills: Continue your professional development through seminars and online modules at discounted prices – enabling you to learn new skills.
- Narrow your search: Access money-saving discounts and privileges across countless products and services.
- One–to–one support: Access any technical advice you need from a team of experienced members.
- Resources: Extend your global business communications through Interlinguae – an internationally recognised translation and interpreting service. Whether you are an IAAP member running your own business, an accredited centre, or you’re employed, you can take advantage of a special discount on translation services.
- News: Be the first to hear about lucrative career opportunities in your area through the Payrolljobsboard.
- Peace of mind is priceless – that’s why, as an IAAP member, you gain access to a wealth of HMCA ((Hospital and Medical Care Association) discounts. Covering medical, dental and hospital cash plans to personal accident and travel plans, you can also get affordable life cover, income protection and vehicle breakdown products.
- Opportunity: You can take your career to new heights as IAAP grants exemption to members with qualifications through other professional and awarding bodies.
- Lifelong support: IAAP helps you every step of the way whatever your career aspirations.