OTHM strives to be a forward-thinking organisation that provides excellent qualifications to ensure a highly qualified and experienced workforce. The OTHM manifesto is as follows:
- To uphold the integrity of the qualifications and assessments
- To provide British Standards Qualifications globally
- To promote professionalism
- To promote ethical practice
- To promote equality and diversity
OTHM qualifications are made up of the Regulated Qualification Framework rules which provide flexible ways to qualify. OTHM offer qualifications at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. OTHM level qualifications are approved by Ofqual, which enables learners to progress to top-up programmes and master’s programmes across many universities in both the UK and overseas.
OTHM qualifications will require different entry requirements depending on the specific subject and level that you are applying. OTHM is renowned especially for their certifications in the hospitality industry, international business and tourism management.
- OTHM Level 3 Certificate in Business Management
- OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies
- OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Education and Training
- OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies
- OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Accountancy
OTHM offer undergraduate programmes at level 4, level 5 and level 6 diploma qualifications that equate to the 1-3 years of a three-year honours bachelor’s degree. Each level consists of 120 credits and thorough completion of any of these level qualifications, learners will be able to progress to the next level of higher education at a UK university.
A sample of qualifications offered across the three-year bachelor’s degree programme include:
- OTHM Level 4 in Accounting and Business
- OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
- OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training
- OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
- OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology
- OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The RQF level (Regulated Qualifications Framework) of postgraduate programs equate to Level 7, which is the same level as master’s degree programmes. However, postgraduate programs have only 120 credits which means that users will need to complete the dissertation module of the degree at a university to achieve a full master’s degree or an MBE.
A sample of the postgraduate programmes that are offered include:
- OTHM Level 7 Certificate in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies
- OTHM Level 7 Master of Business Administration
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Public Administration
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
There is the opportunity to gain an OTHM professional membership which can be obtained either through practical experience in the relevant sectors or through the completion of an OTHM qualification. As a professional member, individuals will have the opportunity to become a part of a professional organisation to exchange ideas, network to build contacts and ensure that standards are maintained throughout the sector.
There are three primary levels of membership are Associate, Member and Fellow.