Red Hat Open Source
Red Hat is committed to building and supporting open source products from open source projects. It is also passionate about giving back to the plans and communities that the company engages with.
Source Code, Closed Source and Open Source
Source Code is a set of instructions that tells electronic devices how to run applications that make up the digital world, including mobile phones, video games and operating systems.
Closed Source, on the other hand, is used to describe when companies keep their code a secret to control and profit from their products’ distribution. Therefore, source code is closed off from outsiders who cannot inspect how the code works.
Open source code is publicly available for everyone to see, learn from, use, modify and distribute. The Open Source Initiative developed a precise definition for open source software through a licence which prevents restrictions on the use of the software. Limits can range from the commercial distribution to who can use the software and for what purpose.
Open Source development ensures and promotes stability, security and innovation throughout the software world as it encourages a comprehensive examination to detect security flaws and viruses. If a severe problem is detected, Red Hat engineers work together to fix it. Open Source attracts tremendous technical talent as Red Hat is committed to building software that pushes the boundaries of technological ability. Red Hat developers actively participate in hundreds of open source projects across the IT stack.
Red Hat Cloud Suite is a combination of tightly integrated Red Hat technologies you can use to build a cloud infrastructure, develop cloud-native apps, and orchestrate deployments across hybrid IT environments. It’s everything you could need to create—and be productive in—a hybrid cloud.
This bundle includes all our cloud infrastructure products—Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat Satellite, and Red Hat Ceph Storage—as well as our container orchestration platform, Red Hat OpenShift.
Benefits of Cloud Suite
- Allows you to integrate with other software: Working with Red Hat’s partners and third-party products, you can build true hybrid clouds across private and public domains.
- Gives you the ability to manage across the cloud platform: Administer your cloud infrastructure and app development workloads in Red Hat Cloud Suite with a unified management framework.
- The option to choose and update your cloud infrastructure: Build a private cloud with public cloud-like scalability, or create an easy-to-manage OpenStack private cloud to deliver public cloud-like scalability.
- The ability to manage across the cloud infrastructure: Administer your cloud infrastructure and app development workloads in Red Hat Cloud Suite with a unified management framework.
Training and Certification
Red Hat Academy offers hands-on training and certifications that can help you to build your career. Training can range from red hat enterprise Linux to Devops certifications that will carve a path that will help fit your career and business goals.
Courses will help you to build the skills that you need to meet the challenges of the following jobs:
- Cloud Architect
- Application Developer
- Linux administrator
- OpenShift Administrator
There are three main steps for utilising Red Hat:
1) Red Hat Learning Subscription: To ensure that you and your team are staying ahead of technology with unlimited training access.
2) Red Hat Academy: To partner your academic institution with Red Hat to gain technology training.
3) Skills Assessment: To find the right starting point by getting personalised recommendations or identifying your team’s skills gaps.