IASSC sums up its mission as being dedicated to enhancing and growing the Lean Six Sigma profession by recognising qualified individuals and organisations and researching the criteria by which the industry identifies qualified Lean Six Sigma practitioners. This, they believe, can be achieved by creating and delivering professionally developed exams that measure an individual’s proficiency in industry standards.
IASSC is committed to upholding the IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge which is a strict code of ethics defined in the IASSC Code of Professional Conduct and the IASSC Certification. IASSC is a member of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence which is a non-profit organisation dedicated to providing educational, networking and advocacy resources for the credentialing community.
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma is a business process improvement for organisations and is a combination of the two popular continuous improvement methods: Lean and Six Sigma. Lean Six Sigma is a useful methodology process which is used to fix a problem within a business and prevent the cost of poor quality output. It is usually used within a business or other large organisation to ensure quality improvement and quality management.
Lean Six Sigma comprises of lean tools for waste reduction and Six Sigma’s DMAIC phases made up of the define phase, measure phase, analyze phase, improve phase and the control phase.
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Certification Exams aim to measure an individual’s knowledge of the topics contained within the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge.
IASSC certification provides evidence of personal accomplishment in the mastery of universally accepted IASSC Lean Six Sigma Standards. Earning a lean six sigma certification and being a sigma professional is an excellent way to excel in your career regardless of the specific industry that you work in.
Six Sigma certifications can be completed either online or at one of the IASSC sigma course professional training centres.
There are five primary levels of Lean Six Sigma Certification:
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certification: Is an entry-level certification that provides basic concepts of six sigma.
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification: Is a foundation level of Lean Six Sigma. There are no prerequisites required to sit the IASSC exam at this level. The exam consists of a closed book exam of 60 questions to be completed in two hours.
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification: There are no prerequisites to sit the Green Belt exam. The exam requires you to attain an approximate minimum score of 385 points out of a potential 500 points from multiple-choice questions. Attaining a Six Sigma Green Belt certification shows that you are well versed in both the core and advanced elements of Lean Six Sigma.
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification: An individual who holds a Black Belt certification displays a thorough understanding and high-level of competence in Lean Six Sigma. The Black Belt exam is four hours long and consists of approximately 150 questions.
- IASSC Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification: Is the most advanced certification available in Lean Six Sigma. Completing Master Black Belt training shows that you are an expert in the deployment of Six Sigma and achieving improvement across various areas of a business or organisation.
IASSC Accreditation Programmes
IASSC offer a range of accreditation programs with different benefits which cover important standards that signify to the market your organisation is complying with Lean Six Sigma best practices.
IASSC accreditations demonstrate that your organisation or programmes have met the recognised national and international IASSC Lean Six Sigma standards. IASSC Lean Six Sigma accredited providers are recognised for maintaining consistent, high-quality and robust training standards in alignment IASSC accreditation criteria.
- Accredited Training Organisation: An Accredited Training Organization (ATO) conducts and provides Lean Six Sigma-related training or consulting to business entities and individuals and has qualified for IASSC
- Accredited Deployment Program: An Accredited Deployment Program (ADP) that recognises an organisation or division that conducts an internal Lean Six Sigma training programme, initiative or deployment and receives IASSC
- Accredited Training Associate: An Accredited Training Associate (ATA) is an instructor who delivers Lean Six Sigma training as a sole proprietor or as a contractor or an employee of an Accredited Training Organisation or Accredited Deployment Program and meets the IASSC criteria to receive such designation.
- Accredited Curriculum Provider: An Accredited Curriculum Provider (ACP) licenses Lean Six Sigma courseware to corporate programs, training organizations or individuals and has qualified for IASSC Curriculum Accreditation