Yes, accounting is a great career. Businesses would need professional support from good accountants to reach the pinnacle of success. A career in accounting is a good option as you can go anywhere in the world and work as an accountant, browse our list of the best accounting courses available.
You can expect to earn around £21k-£31k p.a. in your first 1-2 years. With experience, you can realistically expect to earn £50k p.a. and above. Why not explore our range of cyber security courses online and available in the UK.
We’ve listed four good reasons why we think cyber security is a good career:
- Less Competition and higher wages: Because cyber security is a relatively new job area compared to more traditional IT jobs such as IT support, there are less qualified cyber security professionals about. This means less competition and higher wages.
- Demand for professionals: As the number of cyber-attacks increase across the globe, coupled with tighter government regulations around data protection, there is no shortage in demand for cyber security professionals.
- Career advancement: Cyber security experts have above-average opportunities for career advancement.
- New challenges and better job fulfilment: Cyber security gives you the chance to take on new challenges and make a real difference in the world by helping to protect people and combat cyber-crime.
One of the highest paying cyber security jobs is penetration testing. Those with experience tend to earn around £65k p.a. and upward. The highest paying cyber security jobs, though, are typically at management level. Managers can expect to earn anything from £70k – £100k p.a. and upward. To become a manager requires dedication, commitment, and a solid understanding of your field. Plus, you must also be able to show leadership qualities.
We should point out though that penetration testing is NOT an entry-level subject! You’ll need to do foundation training first. Ideally, you should look to gain something like a CompTIA Security+ certification first as part of a cyber security beginners package.
This depends on many different things such as the type of cyber security certification you have, the type of cyber security job you’re applying for, where you decide to work in the country (or world), and if you have any other related experience; or if you’re starting off an entry-level. As a general guide, junior Cyber security analysts can expect to earn between £21-£32k p.a. With experience in time, they can realistically expect to earn £50k p.a. and upward.
This depends on the type of cyber security certification you’ve gained at the end of your studies. To give you an idea though, you’ll most likely be able to get the following types of jobs if you’re starting at an entry-level:
- Junior Security Analyst
- Junior Cyber Security Engineer
- Junior Information Systems Security Officer
- Junior Information Security Analyst
- Information Security Junior
- IT Security Trainee
- Junior SOC (Security Operations Centre) Analyst
- Junior Digital Forensics Examiner
- Junior Network Forensics Analyst
- Junior Penetration Tester
- Junior Ethical Hacker
- Junior Vulnerability Assessor
With the rapid uptake in cloud technologies across the globe, the demand for Microsoft cloud-based certifications is on the rise. Some examples include MTA Cloud and the MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure. Cloud Infrastructure Managers can earn upwards of £80k+ p.a. with experience.
This depends on the type of certification you have and the technology area it specialises in, such as SQL, software development, security, and systems administration, just to name a few. Salaries can range from £25k-£50k p.a. and upwards based on the level of experience.
This depends on the type of certification you have. Jobs can include:
- Systems Administrator
- Database Administrator
- IT Support Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Security Engineer
- Web Applications Developer
- HTML Applications Developer
- SQL Developer
- Solutions Developer
- Solutions Architect
- Datacentre Manager
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Excel Specialist
- Word Specialist