CompTIA is committed to partnering with many media and industry partners to drive the IT industry forward. Some of the organisations that CompTIA partner with include:
- The Business Solutions Network
- Computer Business Review
- Channel Futures
In 1993, CompTIA developed its first IT certification known as CompTIA A. This certification was revolutionary and the first of its kind to be released within the industry. What was so revolutionary about the concept was the fact it was vendor-neutral. CompTIA A paved the way for the organisation to create four other IT CompTIA certifications ranging from entry-level to expert that test varying degrees of knowledge standards.
CompTIA core series certificates are industry-leading credentials that can significantly improve your employability. There are three main categories of certification are core, infrastructure and cybersecurity.
- CompTIA A+ Certification: CompTIA A+ acts as the foundation starting point of your IT career as the performance-based exams certify foundation IT skills across a variety of devices and operating systems. CompTIA A+220 is the exam code for A+ certifications.
- CompTIA Network+ Certification: CompTIA Network+ is a mid-level CompTIA certification explicitly designed for network technicians. The Network+ certification follows on from the CompTIA A+ certification and tests the competency of mid-level network technicians, specifically on the areas of network design, cabling, hardware setup, configuration, installation, support, and troubleshooting.
- CompTIA Security+: CompTIA Security+ certification provides a global benchmark for best practices in IT network security, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT. As the first security certification, IT professionals should earn; it establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs.
- CompTIA Cloud+: The CompTIA Cloud+ certification validates the skills that you need to maintain and optimise cloud infrastructure services. This certification is popular with cloud developers, network engineers and cloud engineers.
- CompTIA Linux+: CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers. This new certification targets IT professionals who use Linux to operate mobile devices and web administration applications.
- CompTIA Server+: CompTIA Server+ ensures that IT professionals have the skills to work in data centres or cloud environments.
- CASP+: CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioural analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity As the exam is considered high-stake, it is taken at a Pearson Vue testing centre within a highly secure environment.
- PenTest+: CompTIA PenTest+ is targeted for cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management. PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
- CySA+: CompTIA CySA+ stands for CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst which is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioural analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats.
Benefits of Being CompTIA Certified
- CompTIA certifications can give you a competitive edge when seeking employment within the IT industry.
- Securing a CompTIA IT certification demonstrates to employers that you have a solid understanding of information technology.
- CompTIA certifications are universally recognised and used by leading IT companies such as Dell, HP and Intel
- CompTIA certification exams are revised every three years to ensure that they contain the most relevant accurate, up-to-date information
- Employers recognise that CompTIA-certified professionals identify issues and problem-solve more effectively than those without the certification
- CompTIA offers courses that continuously develop your professional IT career by taking further IT training courses, particularly if you want to advance into another job within the IT industry.
CompTIA has recently launched a new membership known as CompTIA AITP to help support IT professionals advance in their career while gaining access to exclusive membership benefits which include:
- CompTIA continuing education programs developed to keep your certifications current and help you stand out in the IT crowd
- Special discounts and savings on the products and services you use every day from companies like Lenovo, Dell, Geico and Disney
- A career portal that includes a career road-map and job board to help you find your dream job within the industry