IOSH’s main aim is to promote a safety culture and strives to support its members in creating workplaces that are safer, healthier and more sustainable. This vision is made possible by collaborating with governments, advising policymakers and running high-profile campaigns to promote the awareness of issues that affect workplace safety, health and wellbeing. IOSH is responsible for raising the concerns and issues that affect people’s safety, health and well being in the workplace.
IOSH prestigious status helps to influence decision-makers and inform the policy-making process in many aspects of health and safety-related to occupational health. IOSH’s consultation process represents policymakers with IOSH members opinions.
What training courses does IOSH offer?
IOSH offers a range of comprehensive and accessible occupational health and safety training courses that are suitable for every member of an organisation to complete. The training courses are divided into categories; Core Skills, Management Education, Executive Education and Professional Development, enabling you to improve the safety, health and wellbeing of co-workers at all levels.
IOSH offers the following IOSH training courses:
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Fire Safety for Managers
- Leading safely
- Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing
- IOSH Managing safely
- IOSH Working safely
- SHE for construction site managers
- SHE for construction workers
- Environment for business
Why complete an IOSH course?
There are many benefits and reasons why completing an IOSH course is a good idea:
- Provides valuable knowledge, skills and qualifications for members and their colleagues
- Increasing health and safety knowledge encourages employees to report hazards in the workplace more often
- Enhances your health and safety career
- Flexible, accredited courses
- Engaging and informative
- Industry-recognised and approved courses
- Raises awareness of the importance of safety management in the workplace
- IOSH certificate
What are the benefits of IOSH membership?
There are currently over 47,000 IOSH members worldwide, and with seven IOSH membership categories, you can choose the route to a membership that is right for you and suits your career progression.
- Student Member
- Affiliate Member
- Associate Member
- Technical Member
- Graduate Member
- Chartered Member
- Chartered Fellow
Upon joining as a member, you will have instant access to the membership benefits which are as follows:
- The IOSH stamp of excellence: IOSH is recognised globally and so having the logo after your name can significantly improve your professional opportunities throughout the world.
- The opportunity to build your network: Being a member of IOSH connects you to like-minded professionals giving you access to specific industry groups and networks which allows you to enrich your skills.
- The opportunity to become a trainer: IOSH training courses are delivered by a network of licensed training providers across the UK and around the world. It is easy to become a training provider and deliver the IOSH quality-assured rewarding courses.
- Support from IOSH in times of crisis: Members can benefit from the IOSH Benevolent Fund, which offers practical assistance to members who are experiencing hardship such as illness, disability or unemployment.
- The ability to maximise your potential: Membership helps to enhance your CPD (Continuing Professional Development) by building upon your skills, knowledge and expertise to become a valued health and safety professionals.
- The chance to enhance your career prospects: Working to IOSH standards shows employers that you are actively engaged in the health and safety profession, which can help to boost your employability and career options.